The Czech Evaluation Society collaborates with IDEAS to ensure a strong local and regional perspective in the 2019 Global Assembly
To ensure a smooth running of the 2019 IDEAS Global Assembly and Conference and embedding it in the Czech evaluation culture, as well as to create a special theme of evaluation in European countries, a special Memorandum of Understanding has been signed with the Czech Evaluation Society (CES).
The Czech Evaluation Society (CES) is a voluntary, self-governed, non-profit, apolitical, independent association of professionals who engage in evaluations of public and private development programs and projects, and unites its members on the basis of a common interest. The CES has invested for a long period in capacity development, supporting the EPDET Programme in the country.
CES main activities:
- uniting professional evaluators and people who engage in evaluations,
- supporting the building and development of evaluation capacities in the Czech Republic,
- raising awareness about proven evaluation procedures and methods,
- enhancing the social prestige of evaluation as a tool for verifying and improving the effectiveness of programs, projects and policies,
- creating a platform in the Czech Republic, which will support cooperation with international associations and networks of evaluators, particularly with the Network of Evaluation Societies in Europe (NESE) and the International Development Evaluation Association (IDEAS).